Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's a Bird, No it's DRM... or Something?

From the mail:

Hey IT-conservative,

Suck on this!

20,000 views on youtube and growing.

Read it and weep. My comrades here in the Red Hat video department are dancing on our desks. HA!

And look out, there's more to come, and we will bury you. Good thing we have a strong welfare state and free healthcare for the indigent in our society to support you when all you proprietards (I know it doesn't have the same ring to it, we're working on it) are unemployed.

http://truthhappens.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/24/dance-on-the-grave-of-drm-with-this-awesome-cartoon-requiem-video-mashup-challenge/

Freetardly yours


--
T. Colin Dodd

www.truthhaappens.com


For your convenience (and to be safe, so you don't have to visit this Linux vendor-associated website), here's the video:



It's very amazing this video got "20,000 views". Here's my theory of how it happened. Mr. Dodd posted it on his freetard site and some people watched it. The responses were different. One group was like "woah, I have no clue what this is or what this is supposed to symbolize, but it's deep man!" and forwarded it to freetard friends, hoping they would be impressed by his intellect. The second group was like "WTF?" and forwarded it to their friends.

You can tell this is true by the responses.
That's brilliant! Which software did you use to create it?

i.e. I have no idea what this is about, but the drawings are cool!

I had no idea what this was about at first until I read the description..

Music's come a long way hasn't it?

i.e. I read the description and still think it's about how music evolved (as in quality, not protection).

wow... That was abstract

i.e. woah! I have no clue what this was about!

And proprietards? Really? Yeah, I would work on that before you take that public. Woops, I just did.