Sunday, August 5, 2007

Mike Shaver is an Arrogant Prick

Some wannabe-hacker dude went to some Mozilla Pajama party or whatever (don't ask):

At this point Mike Shaver threw down the gauntlet. He gave me his business card with a hand written note on it, laying his claim on the line. The claim being - with responsible disclosure Mozilla can patch and deploy any critical severity holes within "Ten Fucking Days"

ten-fucking-days.jpg

Does anybody agree this is just arrogant tough behavior? First of all 10 "fucking" days is really fast, as people at Microsoft and Amazon agree:
I shopped the business card around to some various people while I was at the Microsoft party the next day to get people's reaction. The consensus was that it was funny, very difficult to achieve and in one case, one of the head guys of security at Amazon simply doubted that the patches would be of sufficient quality.

Second of all, what's up with this attitude? Does Mr. Shaver think he's cool putting the f-word in there? -- Ooh, look at me, I wrote fucking on a business card.

mike-shaver.png

My mom always told me: tough behavior is stupid behavior. That makes you stupid Mr. Shaver. Take that.